Wednesday, September 23, 2009

LESS Stress


I realized quite a while ago that I am prone to going overboard with emotions. This I believe adds to my potential for experiencing certain kinds of stress. I stress over life....I worry about future (possible) events. Most of the bad stuff I imagine never comes to pass. The troubles I do encounter are never that bad. I find that I always rise to challenges as they loom. Even so....I am an emotional person and my thought processes are colored by the deep tides of feeling I exist within.


Ironic that I often maneuver myself into adventuresome situations that push my boundaries and test my guts. My own roller coaster of life has led me to highs and lows. I believe I have been fortunate however......and I am learning that worrying is really a waste of time. Even if the worst thing does happen...worrying over it will not change the outcome. Better to remain calm, focused, and even keeled....even in the midst of the shit hitting the fan. It is a hard lesson to sink into my pyche but I have made progress.

The key to less stress (for me anyway) I think is not to avoid or change aspects of life, but rather to change MY OUTLOOK...my mind...my thoughts. Something I have learned: It IS possible to control one's thoughts. It gets easier the more you practice awareness/consciousness. Of course it is also easy to slip back into old thought patterns. Life maybe is practice of some kind. I'd like to think we get to move on based on our growth and management of ourselves after this life. One day I shall see.

Anyway....I have been plagued by my own demons for so many years. I can feel their grip loosening as I journey on through time. This makes me feel glad. Who knows what the future will bring. I know this much.....stress for any reason at all is not worth the positive energy it steals away. I want to practice exorcising more of the negative thoughts and feelings from my experience. Being mindful of this desire sets me off in the right direction. It is up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment