Monday, September 21, 2009

Get Lost CoverGirl. Avon Be Gone.

Ditching most of the cosmetics. I emphasize MOST. I'm maintaining some vanity as a hobby. ;-)
I am fortunate right now that I spend most of my time at home. When I am here I do not wear make-up. For some occasions and when going "out" I will sometimes use powder and mascara....but that's about it. Ok....the occasional lip gloss.

Several years ago I had a make-up DRAWER. This was devoted to stuff for smearing, painting, and applying to my face. Even then I never used half the stuff. I started weeding things out. Now I have arrived at an attitude of acceptance of what I look like.....THIS IS IT....and while I'm a realist about our beauty obsessed culture I am not interested in spending much time on accessorizing my face.

I like to look good.....and by that I mean: clean, hair and appearance neat, healthy, fit body. In the past I have colored my hair, gotten perms, spent time getting made-up, etc. I just don't feel like engaging in those things much at this time. Who knows....maybe in my 80s I'll go wild with hair and make-up. Currently I'm digging on the clean, neat, and fit thing.

Less make-up (AND creams, gels, lotions, potions, pumices, loofahs, and cleansers)- is far easier on the money budget. Less space is needed for storing said items when they are not indulged in.

I swear I am not a health, nature, enviro, super enthusiast.....HOWEVER I have always been in love with the natural world- I don't see how smearing weird chemicals that were mass produced at the lowest possible cost on my skin is important, necessary, or even good for me?????? Skin probably does it's best when left to its natural condition.

I am considering using some natural mineral pigments and dyes in the future.....but my budget for such things is not normally in proper proportion to the price they go for. Oh well.


Speaking of budgets.....that has a lot to do with life doesn't it?
I'll be writing about that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment