Sunday, September 20, 2009

Big Rummage Sale Upcoming

As part of my changing philosophy I will be participating in a mult-person rummage sale this autumn season. In this pending yard/rummage sale I will be putting up for sale MANY things that I've been toting around with me for quite some time. Life Dander? Perhaps....





I do believe I will be selling off/getting rid of most of my Christmas decor. (I have quite the collection as I believe I was previously suffering from some strange mental disorder involving whole house staging for x-mas that has no basis in anything reasonable.)




I have unfortunately come to see many of the holidays that are so zealously celebrated as having a consumerism and materialism driven foundation. These are marketed events for conditioning a willingness to spend money on stuff......mostly unneccesary stuff that clogs up the arteries of the energy flow of life. Life is worth celebrating....don't get me wrong. I just don't feel the need for a "special occasion" in order to do so. Nor do I feel it is necessary to spend money or acquire things to properly make notice of the special nature of this life.



I will also be putting my Thanksgiving and Halloween decorations on the chopping block. I have been thinking about all these things for many moons now. I asked myself...what does this add to your life? Does it carry a positive charge - having these bits? What do things affirm about a person...if anything? Is it entertaining, worthwhile, helpful, beautiful?



Well....after my musing on it I determined that a lot of the "extras" type stuff that I have is like a dead weight in my life. I go through the motions with the little traditions I have established....but they don't carry the same significance for me anymore. It's a bunch of empty hoopla of which I don't feel a connection. I just see a pile of stuff in boxes....to be taken out, then placed back into...stored, moved, cleaned. And for what? Just sick of stuff.

The more stuff I move out of my life, the more peace and happiness I experience. Good reason to lighten the load and ditch "shopping" as a recreational activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment