Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Stuff Gone....need more stuff gone

Had rummage sale.
Weather sucked.
Had some sales, but not nearly enough to put even a dent in the pile of stuff.

Thus....having another sale and monitoring weather closely to shoot for warmer and dryer for the big day.

Uggg.

-I think I can only muster the strength for one more try. Anything not sold is going to donations at the nearest of those type facilities.

Even with a lot of stuff gone- I suddenly look around and see everywhere...more, more, more stuff. Some of it is useful functional stuff. But some of it is not really.

One thing that strikes me suddenly is the obssession in this culture with clothing. I have enough clothing in my house to wrap the thing in them! A lot of the stuff has hardly ever been worn. Most of it is very repetitive....as in dozens of pairs of jeans, drawers full of underwear, t-shirts upon t-shirts. I am always reminded of the ginormous pile of clothing in my possession when I do the wash.

I have a strong feeling it is not supposed to be this way.
At least not for Me.
I feel weighted down by all these possessions.

Gotta get lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment